[racket] (Practical) Limits of Apply?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Aug 24 14:37:19 EDT 2010

On Aug 24, Will M. Farr wrote:

> So, I guess the answer to my question is: "there is no limit on
> apply that takes effect before basic memory limits".  Hopefully
> others will find this useful as well.

A relevant point here is the `append*' function which does what you
want without using `apply'.  It's irrelevant in terms of speed (since
it does the appending using the same `apply append' thing), but it's
relevant in that if there was a limit on the number of arguments then
it would need to deal with it -- therefore making it someone else's
problem instead of your own.