[racket] Long compilation+launch times

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 4 09:12:57 EDT 2010

Oh, that explains it. When it is in a collection, then drracket's
auto-compile feature disables itself, since collections are not
generally assumed to be writeable (as they are, roughly speaking the
"standard libraries" and could be in some shared place).

You can work around this by explicitly calling mzc periodically from a
shell (but you must be sure to call it if you change exported
identifiers (or anytime you get a strange error)).

Robby

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Laurent <laurent.orseau at gmail.com> wrote:
> Update again:
>
> Things are not that simple in fact.
> Maybe the problem is because my project is inside an additional collection
> path!
>
> I copied the project outside the collection path, and there it takes 5s to
> launch (that version was used as a comparison in the previous update, that
> is why).
> Inside the path, it takes around 12s-14s.
>
> I'd prefer the project to remain in the collection path, but if that is the
> cause of the problem, I can change.
> Any idea of why that is so?
>
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 14:54, Laurent <laurent.orseau at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Update:
>> On a different (though faster) computer, things are as expected: the split
>> version is much faster (5s to launch VS 12s).
>> So the problem does not seem to be caused by Racket.
>> I'll have to do more tests on my other computer to see where that comes
>> from.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> ( That question still holds though: )
>>
>>> Isn't there a way to add a collection path to mzc?

Posted on the users mailing list.