[plt-scheme] Using the PLT web server in production

From: David Storrs (david.storrs at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 14 11:38:04 EDT 2009

Hi all,

A few questions on using the web server in production:

1) Who has experience using the PLT web server in production?  Any stories
to share?  e.g., performance characteristics, security setup, integration
with other software (e.g. Squid, Varnish), etc

2) Can you recommend a particular (preferably inexpensive) hosting service?

3) Does the server automatically daemonize on its own, or does that need to
be configured?

4) So far, the only docs I've seen that relate to the server are these:
    http://docs.plt-scheme.org/continue/index.html
    http://docs.plt-scheme.org/web-server-internal/index.html
    http://docs.plt-scheme.org/web-server/index.html

    Are there any others that I should be aware of?

5)  Can anyone recommend a good document / blog post / etc that talks about
how to setup the web server in a shared hosting environment?  The
web-server-internal docs have a brief section on how to put Apache in front
of PLT ( *http://tinyurl.com/llbk3b ) *which is useful, but it assumes that
you have full control of the environment and can add RewriteRules to the
apache config--this isn't true on a shared platform.

Thanks,

--Dks