Your Student Saved the Day! (was: Re: [plt-scheme] Projects from my class)

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Sat Nov 14 17:37:45 EST 2009

On Nov 14, 2009, at 6:24 AM, Todd O'Bryan wrote:

> My most recent assignment was, "Create something cool using what we've
> learned so far." Here are two of the best projects.
>
> Both are written in Beginning Student with the universe teachpack. For
> the first, just hit run.

I ran a set of four hour-long workshops for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders
today.  On a whim, I included your student's solar system simulation,
and challenged the students to make one planet move backward, or have
an eccentric orbit.  This was a *huge* hit with the students.

So: I owe your student... a beer?  Maybe not.  But something, for
sure.  Tell him or her that about a hundred middle school students had
a great time playing with this program.

Thanks!

John