[plt-scheme] syntax/module-reader and module specs

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue May 5 05:31:14 EDT 2009

Jay McCarthy wrote at 05/04/2009 08:50 AM:
> Checkout what I do in the PLAI language:
>
> (module reader syntax/module-reader
>   #:language `(planet ,(this-package-version-symbol))
>   (require (planet cce/scheme:4:1/planet)))
>
> http://planet.plt-scheme.org/package-source/plai/plai.plt/1/1/lang/reader.ss

Thanks, Jay.  I ended up doing this, plus falling back to a normal "lib"
module-spec form when it was not a PLaneT package, which is exactly what
I wanted.

http://planet.plt-scheme.org/package-source/neil/sicp.plt/1/5/lang/reader.ss

I also had to check the PLaneT package version in several places in
"sicp-tool.ss", both to get the module-spec correct, and to avoid
conflicts in the "get-language-numbers" when I have multiple versions
available due to "PLTCOLLECTS", PLaneT cache, and PLaneT development links:

http://planet.plt-scheme.org/package-source/neil/sicp.plt/1/5/sicp-tool.ss

Interestingly enough, DrScheme is smart enough not to show the "SICP
(Non-PLaneT)" entry if there is a PLaneT development link to that
collection directory.

A side benefit of avoiding the "get-language-numbers" conflict error
from DrScheme is that I can select exactly the version I want from my
Choose Language menu while this package is in development:

http://www.neilvandyke.org/weblog/2009/05/#2009-05-05

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/