[plt-scheme] how to create an executable for another system

From: keydana at gmx.de (keydana at gmx.de)
Date: Mon May 4 12:30:11 EDT 2009

Hi all,

is it possible to create executables (distributions) for other systems
than the one you're working on? I wrote  a small utility on my Mac and
want to give it to someone who's running Linux. Of course he could
install scheme but it would be nicer if it was not required :-)

Alternatively, is there a way to create jar files to execute on the
JVM? I see PLT is compilable to bytecode but it seems it uses its
own .zo format which I suppose is different from Java class files?

Thanks a lot for any hints,
Sigrid

Posted on the users mailing list.