[plt-scheme] instructions for installing plt language from planet

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun May 3 05:43:11 EDT 2009

I have a PLT Language that I'd like to have installed from a PLaneT
package.  What are some simple instructions that I can give a new
student for how to install this PLaneT package?

Installation is a one-liner if I have the user go to a command prompt,
but that might be intimidating, so I was thinking of having them do it
through DrScheme.

With DrScheme, the steps I can think of to get them to reliably execute
a "require" form in a Language that supports it seem convoluted.  (Start
DrScheme, make sure you a new window with no file in it, change language
to Module using such-and-such series of steps, enter "(require (planet
foo/bar))" in the interactions subwindow, wait for the "PLaneT: Finished
with foo/bar." message, quit DrScheme and start it up again.)

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/