[plt-scheme] Scheme and R

From: David Einstein (deinst at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 26 13:54:47 EDT 2009

I've written a fair amount of code in R, and I would say that other than its
lexicalish scoping for functions it bears little relation to scheme.  It
seems to belong strongly to the class of 'scripting' languages that sprang
up in the mid eighties such as tcl, perl and matlab.  Its popularity stems
from the fact that most of the strange design decisions end up being
extremely convenient for the class of problems that it is used to attack.