[plt-scheme] Natural numbers

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 11 19:47:57 EDT 2009

Natural numbers are the counting numbers. You count how many things
you have. (The philosophical way to understand "five" is to say that
it is what all collection of five objects have in common.)

The natural (sorry) place to start counting is with 0, having nothing.

But read on. The chapter soon shows that you can generate
(isomorphic) versions of the Nats and they look rather different.
That way you can see why/how people wish to process series such as n,
n-1, ..., 0 but also -n, -n+1, ...,-10.

-- Matthias