[plt-scheme] Using LaTeX in Scribble

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 22 07:34:20 EDT 2009

At Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:55:14 +0100, "Paulo J. Matos" wrote:
> I have started to write the docs for my model checker in LaTeX,
> however, after looking at Scribble I might give it a try.
> The issue is that some parts of the docs contain examples of the
> formal language I use and to display it in LaTeX I have a special mode
> for the listings package. Is it possible for me to use this listings
> package inside scribble or to \include a latex document in the middle
> of a scribble document?

Yes.

Overall, support for non-documentation uses of Scribble is still
evolving, but it already works well enough for many purposes. I've used
Scribble to write a grant proposal and a few papers. Naturally, we used
Scribble to write the Scribble ICFP'09 paper:

 http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/publications/icfp09-fbf.pdf

The bridge between Scribble and Latex or HTML is documented in Chapter
18 of the Scribble manual:

  http://docs.plt-scheme.org/scribble/config.html

The documentation includes a small example. For a big example, see the
source of the Scribble paper, which is available as the
`mflatt/scribble' Planet package.

Posted on the users mailing list.