[plt-scheme] Re: Fwd: [erlang-questions] Another Programming Language Comparison

From: Benjamin L.Russell (DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 1 08:41:10 EDT 2009

Just before forwarding a near-duplicate of this message from the
Haskell mailing list (see "The speed, size and dependability of
programming languages" at
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/2009-June/021363.html), I saw
your message.  It looks like you had beaten me to the punch *-(.

Aside, what I found particularly interesting about this blog entry was
the blog writer's choice of PLT Scheme for generating the charts;
_viz._:

>Source code
>
>The code to generate these charts runs in PLT Scheme (MzScheme) v4.1.5.
>You will need the data file from The Game's cvs repository. This file is from
>2005, which is the one I used for the charts above. Update: I rerun the
>generation using the 2009 data. Here are the updated big chart and colored
>chart. There are fewer languages in the 2009 roundup, unfortunately. Some
>languages moved in interesting ways, both most of the trends are the same.
>
>Despite it not having a particularly remarkable spot on this performance chart,
>I code in PLT Scheme because it has a fantastic macro system. I also have
>wrists problems, so coding in Scheme lets me use my ergonomic editor
>DivaScheme.

Not bad for PLT Scheme, considering that the writer was coding a
benchmark and chose PLT Scheme as his tool!

-- Benjamin L. Russell

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 01:24:52 -0700, YC
<yinso.chen at gmail.com> wrote:

>Produced by Guillaume with PLT - interesting the link first came from
>erlang-questions instead of plt-scheme... very good stuff about language
>performance visualization and comparisons in the link.   Sorry if this is a
>duplicate for ya.
>
>Cheers,
>yc

http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/