[plt-scheme] Out of memory during 'make install'

From: Philippe Meunier (meunier at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 31 12:58:01 EDT 2009

David Banks wrote:
>I'm hitting an out of memory issue during the
>'make install' phase, but there's still a lot of swap left.  Is there
>any way to increase the soft limit that PLT seems to be using during
>the install step?

The limit isn't set by PLT Scheme but by your shell and / or operating
system.  Try to increase the data size limit for the process.  See
'limit' or 'ulimit' in your shell's manual page.  If that's still not
enough, try to increase the data size limit for the user, which is set
at login time.  See /etc/login.something-or-other or
/etc/security/limits.conf (or whatever it is called on your operating
system...) and the related manual pages.

Philippe

Posted on the users mailing list.