[plt-scheme] debugging [mini rant]

From: Gregory Cooper (ghcooper at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 28 19:40:39 EDT 2009

> When trying to use DrScheme debug function, values most of the times
> print outside the allocated space for it, making it basically useless.
> If I can't inspect values, the debugging is useless with the exception
> of being able where the code if flowing to.

If you right-click on a bound variable, or on the green execution
marker (when it's at the end of an expression), a menu pops up with
the option to print the expression's value to the REPL.  Admittedly,
this is a long way from the sort of value-inspection capability that
would ideally be available, but it does overcome the immediate problem
you've described, and it might be possible to extend the mechanism
into something richer over time.

Greg

Posted on the users mailing list.