[plt-scheme] Issue in ver-4.0 with mutable pairs

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 24 21:58:50 EST 2009

Vinay Sachdev wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am not able to create table or hash-table in r5rs.
>
> (define tbl (make-hash-table))
>  Its giving error "unbound identifier in module".
>  In the help also i am unable to find it.
>  Can you please tell me how to do this. Or there is
>  way to access mzscheme library in r5rs.
>  Also how to  access all documentation for r5rs, since
>  i am using this as module lang.

You can access mzscheme and other PLT languages and libraries from r5rs
modules by using '#%require'. For example,

#lang r5rs
(#%require (only mzscheme
		 make-hash-table hash-table-put! hash-table-get))
(define tbl (make-hash-table))

Search the PLT help for "r5rs" and you should find several relevant
sections. One of the pages, in the Guide, also has a link to R5RS (the
report) itself.

Ryan