[plt-scheme] Limiting Concurrent Connections to Web Server

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 16 10:30:53 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 8:02 AM, Henk Boom <lunarc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2009/1/16 Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu>:
>>> Perhaps I misunderstood, but I think Henk was looking for a different
>>> behavior, ie when there are too many connections in session that the
>>> webserver would just close and forget about the other connections.
>
> I'm not sure how to do this... with semaphores I could use
> semaphore-try-wait?, but I don't know how to recreate that with the
> manager.

Oh, I was thinking of something where you'd hold onto a few
connections (like you're doing), but after some limit there, the
manager thread would just respond immediately with "close the
connection" and the thread that got the connection wouldn't block, but
would instead just shutdown the ports and die. Something like that.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.