[plt-scheme] redex is great

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Thu Feb 19 13:27:14 EST 2009

Lately I have played with redex. It is very nice. Although redex can be used for a bigger set of languages, I played with lambda calculus only, making procedures such as to find normal forms (if possible within a reasonable amount of steps), checking equality of terms modulo alpha congruence, currying of uncurried shorthand, and a predicate for equality of lambda terms (reflexive and transitive and symmetrized closure of beta and eta reduction) The last predicate is incomplete of course and I have made it to halt if no answer can be found within a reasonable number of steps. I have the pleasure to share my code with you. You can download it from:

http://www.telefonica.net/web2/koot/rdx.scm

Thanks to Robby Findler and the PLT team.

Would it be possible to add a in-left-most-hole to the reduction rules of redex? (same as in-hole, but applying to the leftmost one only) May be I should try to add iyt myself?
Jos