[plt-scheme] Web programming .

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 26 22:59:30 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 10:12 PM, Nevo <sakur.deagod at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, it's  pretty useful and enjoyable to do web programming in plt scheme.
> But I just wonder any plan to continue to extend the powerness of Plt scheme
> web framework ? Like provide XPath select support in current HTML template
> system which I've been using  in  Genshi ( a python template component used
> in Trac (trac.edgewall.org) ? thanks .
>
> Nevo

Assuming it works the way most other development in PLT has seemed to
work, here's all you need to do:

Step 1. Find a student who wants a Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Science.

Step 2. Interest him/her in what you want.

Step 3. Get him/her to interest a member of the PLT group as an advisor.

Step 4. Wait for the goodies. :-)

But seriously, I'm working with some of my (high school) students on a
couple of PLT web apps and we're seeing things we wish we had and
taking stabs at putting them together. If you can give examples of the
kind of functionality you want and take stabs at writing parts of the
code, this mailing list is incredibly good about helping you along.

As someone who's gotten huge amounts of help on this list in exchange
for a mere pittance of very basic help for the few people even more
clueless than himself, my suggestion is dig in, start writing, ask for
help, and before you know it, you'll have what you always wanted.

Todd

Posted on the users mailing list.