[plt-scheme] Re: new bug test results for the intermittent file explorer hanging problem previously reported

From: Benjamin L.Russell (DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 11 05:14:39 EST 2009

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:01:58 +0900, Benjamin L.Russell
<DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:31:15 -0600, Robby Findler
><robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>
>>As a workaround until that time, try running this in DrScheme. It
>>should change your file dialog boxes to use Scheme-implemented ones
>>that probably don't suffer from this problem (they are completely
>>different, tho).
>>
>>You may need to restart drscheme.
>>
>>---- cut here ----
>>#lang scheme
>>(require framework)
>>(preferences:set 'framework:file-dialogs 'common)
>>---- cut here ----
>
>Yes, this is wonderful!  Indeed, DrScheme doesn't hang in your
>Scheme-implemented file explorer dialog box.
>
>Now I can finally concentrate!  Thank you very much, Robby!

Incidentally, the "NewDir" button (just above the "Go" button) in the
dialog box is grayed out and apparently disabled, and I can't seem to
enable it; is there any way to activate it, or otherwise to create a
new directory in the dialog box?

-- Benjamin L. Russell