[plt-scheme] arglist-on-space?

From: Lee Spector (lspector at hampshire.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 10 22:50:36 EDT 2009

Thanks for the speedy and helpful responses.

F1, which I didn't know about previously, will help a lot. It doesn't
show the arglist right in the programming environment, and it only
helps for built-in definitions, but within these limits it provides
pretty quick access to the arglist and documentation.

"cmd /" (yes, I'm on a mac) provides symbol completion -- not what I
had asked about, but also handy.

Getting to definitions from Check Syntax -> control-click -> Jump to
Definition also seems to be useful, although I'm having a hard time
experimenting with it at the moment because I haven't yet fully
grokked PLT namespaces, so my cross-file definitions aren't working as
I expect. ("#lang scheme/load" makes file loading work in the way that
I expect but then Check Syntax no longer provides the arrows/menus...
I know I need to read about namespaces.) In any event I'll keep this
in mind as I move forward.

Thanks again, and if anyone knows of a way to get more complete
arglist-on-space behavior (that is, in the programming environment and
for all functions) I'd love to hear about it.

  -Lee

PS Mike: glad to hear you've seen the GP stuff, some of which will
inevitably migrate to Scheme as I spend more time writing Scheme code...