[plt-scheme] Macro practice

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 24 12:45:27 EDT 2009

Todd, for the record, existing hygienic macro systems are MORE
expressive than existing unhygienic macro systems. (I suspect that
this could also be applied to theoretical models, but these models
aren't complete enough to make this comparison meaningful.)

I urge you to start with a study of syntax-rules (a la TSPL or TYS)
and then to proceed to syntax-case and friends. By that point Ryan
will have finished his tutorial on syntax programming in PLT and
you'll be in shape to increase your productivity by an order of
magnitude. (Just as Paul Graham says)