[plt-scheme] Typed-Scheme Memory Issues

From: Carl Eastlund (carl.eastlund at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 8 09:09:51 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 5:25 AM, Paulo J. Matos <pocmatos at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:26 AM, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> It might still be worth examining why TS uses so much memory.
>> Type checking should be linear in space in the source code,
>> though I suspect that this is not quite true when you use
>> unions and other commutative/associative things that require
>> extra work. But, type checking 3000 lines of code should
>> never use 2GB. -- Matthias
>
> It seems it doesn't take that much space (if you use mzc)...
> I guess there's something wrong between typed-scheme and drscheme.
> Let me know what kind of debug I can provide to aid in your search for
> a problem [I have no problems in sending you the files I am working
> on, if you wish].

Paulo,

Have you tried writing untyped versions of the modules and
compiling/running those?  That would be a quick way to see whether
Typed Scheme is involved in this issue or not.  It could always be
some other artifact of your code causing the blow-up in space and
time.

--Carl

Posted on the users mailing list.