[plt-scheme] opengrok hosted instance with DrScheme sources.

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Oct 27 12:13:51 EDT 2008

On Oct 27, Deep wrote:
> Would it be possible to add an opengrok instance to the
> www.drscheme.org website with the latest DrScheme repository sources
> in it.

This would be more fit to svn.plt-scheme.org, where we currently use
ViewVC.

> This makes understanding the mzscheme sources much easier. I have
> setup an instance at home and have been using it, but unfortunately
> I cannot access my home network install of opengrok remotely.

The question is how easy it is to install it.  This can range from
being very unintrusive (for example, a tool that expects a single URL
and will crawl over it and do the right thing), to something that
requires lots of configurations, hooking into the web server in a
particular way, requiring access to the directory and/or the
repository files, etc.

And example of a very easy to use facility is Google's code search
(http://www.google.com/codesearch), which might actually be good
enough to use.  I just submitted the subversion link to it, so it'll
probably take a while to get there.  It would be nice if there was a
way to have a "custom code search", but I don't see one on a quick
look.