[plt-scheme] Re: Scheme workshop survey

From: Woodhouse Gregory (gregory.woodhouse at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 19 22:02:43 EDT 2008

Don't you think the problem ultimately comes down to the limits of
natural language? After all, the question was posed in English. In
"The Little Schemer" there is a chapter (9?) where a great deal of
emphasis is placed on the differing typefaces used (in that book) for
atoms and bits of Scheme code. By introducing this convention, TLS
is, in effect, using an artificial language to circumvent some of the
difficulties of ordinary English (even as used to discuss languages
like Scheme).

I would have answered (a b c), but I appreciate the arguments for
using '(a b c) and, to me, it seems that both are a kind of compromise.

"Interaction is the mind-body problem
of computing." --Philip  L. Wadler

http://www.gwoodhouse.com
http://GregWoodhouse.ImageKind.com