[plt-scheme] Nokia N800

From: hendrik at topoi.pooq.com (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Sat Nov 22 16:17:03 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 01:54:58PM +0000, Stephen De Gabrielle wrote:
> I don't really know....
>
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 7:24 AM, <hendrik at topoi.pooq.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 07:58:08AM +0000, Stephen De Gabrielle wrote:
> > > I once built mzscheme for the 770. I don't think drscheme will fit/run.
> >
> > Does that mean mzscheme programs would probably run, but that you'd be
> > better off developing them elsewhere?  Would programs that actually need
>
> yes
>

> > Would programs that actually need
> > a windows-and-stylus interface be hopeless to use?
>
> Other people have ported stuff - but I understand their are significant
> differences in interacting that you have to cope with
> I don't know if you could port mred (the GUI libraries)
>
>  Or does the bulk of
> > drscheme lie elsewhere?
> >
> I don't know what that means.

I'm asking whether it's the user-interface libraries and their
run-time storage that makes drscheme awkward to fit in the 256meg, or
whether it's other stuff, like all the programming tools you get with
it.

If the user-interface libraries and their dynamic data structures fit
nicely, then it could be practical to use them.  Otherwise, not.

-- hendrik

Posted on the users mailing list.