[plt-scheme] Re: Help requested for HtDP Exercise 16.3.4 Challenge Part 2

From: Veer (diggerrrrr at gmail.com)
Date: Sun May 11 07:01:53 EDT 2008

Here are 2 important points i use when problem is complex.

1. Remember what a function produces , without going into the
   details how it produces
2. How to combine what we have with what function produces

Here are the some clues , i hope i don't confuse you more .

;;find? : dir symbol -> list-of-paths or false
(define (find? a-dir a-sym) ..)

;;1. If file is found in a current directory(find-in-files?) what to do we
;;   have and what to do with other dirs in this current dir
;;          a. (dir-name a-dir)
;;          b. (find-in-dirs? (dir-dirs a-dir) a-sym) produces what?
(false or list-of-paths)

;;Hint:         How will you combine the two and
;;                if b is a list-of-paths then we need to
;;                insert or prefix "what" to each element in list-of-paths

;;2. If file is not found in current dir then
;;       a. Do we search for dirs in current dir if so which function to use
;;       b. What that function return and what is needed to be inserted into
;;          it

;;find-in-dirs? : list-of-dirs symbol -> list-of-paths or false
(define (find-in-dirs? alods a-sym) ..)

;;1.  alods is empty ...

;;2.  (find? (first alods) a-sym)  produces what ?

;;       a. if 2 is false  what to do
;;       b. else we have (find? (first alods) a-sym)

;;       Now for b. we have list-of-paths and we also have
;;       a list-of-paths from (find-in-dirs? (rest alods) a-sym)
;;       Only thing is needed to combine them
;;       remember find-in-dirs? returns what?

;;find-in-files?: list-of-files a-sym -> boolean
(define (find-in-files? alofs a-sym) ..)

;;insert-or-prefix-funcion :

Veer