[plt-scheme] process.ss can't find command

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (stephen at degabrielle.name)
Date: Wed Mar 12 07:15:29 EDT 2008

Thanks for the tip,

I've only taken a brief look, but it seems a solution is to run the config
files ~/.profile /etc/profile in my system call. probably by constructing a
string or file to pass to or execute by 'system'

They should do no harm, modify path as needed, and work on linux's and osx
transparently (I haven't thought about windows yet)

Good tip!

Cheers,

Stephen

PS in case it's not obvious, I'm just trying to work out a way of reliably
calling the subversion client. (I hope try git at some stage, as it seems to
be the 'sexy'' vc software of the moment)

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Jakub Piotr Cłapa <jpc-ml at zenburn.net>
wrote:

> Eli Barzilay wrote:
> > So, my guess is that you started DrScheme by double clicking its icon,
> > which gives you the set of paths in PATH that the Finder has.
> > Starting a terminal is probably adding a bunch of stuff like the
> > "/opt" and "/sw" things.
>
> Spawning a shell (maybe a login one but I'm not certain) should give you
> whatever PATH this shell has in it's config files. If I change my
> .zshenv and run zsh in a already running Terminal I my changes will be
> seen in th new shell.
>
> MacVim had some issues with PATH and login shells which they recently
> solved AFAIK. Maybe the original poster could look on it's mailing list
> [1] for inspiration.
>
> [1]: http://code.google.com/p/macvim/
>
> --
> regards,
> Jakub Piotr Cłapa

Cheers,

Stephen

--
Stephen De Gabrielle
s.degabrielle at ucl.ac.uk
Telephone +44 (0)20 7679 5242 (x45242)
Mobile 079 851 890 45
Project: Making Sense of Information (MaSI)
http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/annb/MaSI.html

UCLIC: University College London Interaction Centre
http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/

Remax House - 31/32 Alfred Place
London - WC1E 7DP