[plt-scheme] PLanet should indicate which PLT version is required

From: Doug Williams (m.douglas.williams at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 1 21:53:52 EST 2008

The Python user's in this case went to it because it was an open-source,
free (as in beer) alternative to Matlab.  With scipy, numpy, matplotlib, etc
they put together a reasonable analysis package in Python.  But, they don't
tend to be fanatics about the language/tools as our Matlab users are.  [And,
tje Matlab users may have a point.  Matlab is a very good tool for doing
engineering analysis.  Although it is a bit expensive, per seat, for small
organizations and projects to justify sometimes.]   I am trying to get them
a similar level of capability in PLT Scheme, e.g. with the science
collection and a new plot collection, as they have with Python.

Doug