[plt-scheme] scribbling docs in different versions of DrScheme

From: Robert Matovinovic (robert.matovinovic at web.de)
Date: Tue Jun 17 11:22:51 EDT 2008

Hi,
First, thank you to all involved for v4 of DrScheme. It is getting better
every time and it is great to see the development. Hope it will go on
forever.

It may be of interest for the developers so I want to share my experience
preparing docs with scribble. I use the include-section command to nest
files which otherwise become to long. Index-section I use in the main file
to get the indices. Under Windows XP I used
version 4.0.0.1-svn16jun2008 [3m]
version 4.0 [3m]
version 3.99.0.25-svn25may2008 [3m]
To compile my collection on the command line with setup-plt -l collect.

Under version 4.0.0.1-svn16jun2008 [3m] compilation doesn't show any errors,
docs are produced, but I don't get the entries in help desk. F1 or search
for the documents doesn't work.

For version 4.0 [3m] it is the same behaviour after compilation. But
compilation takes a looong time since there are many warnings for duplicate
tags in other collections.

So I switched back to version 3.99.0.25-svn25may2008 [3m]. Here everything
works fine.

For information example files here:

main.scrbl:
#lang scribble/doc