[plt-scheme] possible discrepancy between documentation and actual usage of Typed Scheme

From: Sam TH (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 2 09:05:11 EDT 2008

First, I apologize for the outdated screenshots, which I will fix very soon.

Second, there is no longer (since version 4) a 'Typed Scheme' language
level, selectable in the Language menu of DrScheme.  This is part of a
general shift in the project away from specifying such things in the
IDE, and instead making them part of the program itself.  This has a
number of advantages:

1. Other tools can understand and process the code (such as the
command-line bytecode compiler).
2. You can have projects which use multiple languages
3. The semantics of PLT Scheme inside modules is fundamentally saner
than the interactive top-level.

For all of these reasons, and more, we strongly encourage you to write
all of your PLT Scheme programs, including Typed Scheme ones, in
modules.  One of the reasons for the creation of `#lang' is to make
this easier.  Especially if you plan to use Typed Scheme more in the
future, modules are the only way to go.

Thanks,
sam th