[plt-scheme] possible discrepancy between documentation and actual usage of Typed Scheme

From: Benjamin L.Russell (DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 2 08:42:32 EDT 2008

According to the screen featured on the "Typed Scheme" homepage
(http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/samth/typed-scheme/), it should be
possible to select "Typed Scheme" as a language so that it comes up
listed as "Language: Typed Scheme" in the interactions panel of
DrScheme, version 4.0.1, english.

However, when I actually go to the "Language -> Choose Language..."
menu item, it is not listed in the language list, and apparently is
only available in the "Module" language if, as according to the Web
page "Typed Scheme: Scheme with Static Types"
(http://docs.plt-scheme.org/typed-scheme/index.html), I type:

  #lang typed-scheme

in the definitions panel.

Further, if I choose language "Module" and then type:

(require typed-scheme)

in the interactions panel, DrScheme returns the following error
message:

> Module Language: There must be a module in the
> definitions window. Try starting your program with
>
>   #lang scheme
>
> and clicking ‘Run’.

I would like to choose "Typed Scheme" as a language without having to
define a module, similarly to with the other languages listed.
Further, I plan to use Typed Scheme increasingly in the future, and
would appreciate a straightforward, easy way of choosing Typed Scheme
as a default language without having to type:

  #lang typed-scheme

in the definitions panel every time.

Is there any way to do this?

Are there any plans to list "Typed Scheme" as a language, similar to
the other languages, in the "Choose Language" dialog box in the near
future?

-- Benjamin L. Russell

Posted on the users mailing list.