[plt-scheme] suggestion "project function"

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (stephen at degabrielle.name)
Date: Thu Jan 17 06:27:20 EST 2008

Hi,
I'll answer what I can.

On Jan 15, 2008 10:59 PM, bennit <ben.corne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> was browsing the web a bit looking for a forum to discuss drscheme,
> the scheme environnement;
> Didn't find lots of didicated forums for it tough, so i guessed google
> would have one that might be popular
This list is the main one [I think] for drscheme;  www.plt-scheme.org
lists them.
( you probably already know ; The scheme cookbook is also really a
good resource http://schemecookbook.org/ it has comments, but is a
wiki, not a forum )

> This is my second year of programming in dr scheme and there's one
> thing i really miss in the environnement:
> a project function, which opens all the files at once in seperate tabs
> of one project.
> This would be nice as for now I have to open all my files tab per tab,
> which gets anoying after some time.

A project tool has been discussed before;
http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2007-September/020787.html
I don't know if anyone has tried to whip something up?
I'm tempted to give it a go, but as the syntax checker makes it so
easy to open files as I need them, it has reduced my motivation.

You could try, the people on this list are *really* helpful.

> Certainly as i have to quit dr scheme after some time because of the
> memory leaks in it (under windows).
Do you have 372? Submit a bug report via drscheme help menu?(I run
DrScheme for days at a time on osx with no problems)

> Hope my request gets word of whoever is busy designing new
> functionalities etc.
This *is* the right list!

> Also, I read on some forum that there is an autofill plugin for the
> environnement. Can anyone comfirm this or point me to a download
> link? :)
Do you mean autocomplete? The autocomplete function is built in;
ctrl-/ should activate it.

Cheers,

Stephen

--
Stephen De Gabrielle
s.degabrielle at ucl.ac.uk
Telephone +44 (0)20 7679 5242 (x45242)
Mobile                  079 851 890 45
Project: Making Sense of Information (MaSI)
http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/annb/MaSI.html

UCLIC: University College London Interaction Centre
http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/

Remax House - 31/32 Alfred Place
London - WC1E 7DP

Posted on the users mailing list.