[plt-scheme] scribbling newbie

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 8 14:47:19 EST 2008

At Tue, 8 Jan 2008 19:46:04 +0100, "Jos Koot" wrote:
> 1: what would be the simplest way to see a preview of a scribble? I looked
> very hard for such a tool but could not find it.

Building via `setup-plt' is the best way to preview.

When documents get very large, I sometimes run the `scribble'
executable directly on a file that implements a sub-section. A preview
generated that way doesn't have all teh right links, though.

> 2: Working on windows XP, I have an info.ss file and a trial.scrbl file in
> directory c:\documents and setting\... ...\collects\trial almost literally
> copied from the scribble intro. However, setup-plt.exe -l trial produces:
> setup-plt: don't know how to compile collection: trial. A compile directory is
> made and info_ss.dep and info_ss.zo are stored there by setup-plt.exe, nothing
> else. Help please?

In addition to the `scribblings' entry, "info.ss" needs a `name' entry.
So, a suitable initial "info.ss" is

  (module info setup/infotab
    (define name "Some documentation")
    (define scribblings '(("manual.scrbl" ()))))

The Scribble docs as written assume that you already have an "info.ss",
so I'll improve the Scribble docs.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.