[plt-scheme] Catch an unknown method error

From: Filipe Cabecinhas (filcab at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 16:25:03 EST 2008

On 20 Feb, 2008, at 19:19, Robby Findler wrote:

> On Feb 20, 2008 1:15 PM, Filipe Cabecinhas <filcab at gmail.com> wrote:
>> is it possible, in scheme/class to catch the error for an unknown
>> method, from inside the object?
>> Kind of Objective-C's forwardInvocation:, Ruby's method_missing (or
>> something), and many others ;-)
>
> There's not any such thing, but maybe if we knew some larger context
> for what you're doing, we might able to suggest an alternative.

I'm trying to make some proxies for MysterX (COM classes) in a quick
way, for rapid prototyping. If I had that functionality I could just
implement the forwardInvocation: method and just change that method
call to a COM method call. And then incrementally making the objects
more Scheme-like and rearranging the interface.

I hope that paragraph isn't very confusing ;-)

>> P.S: Where can I find the documentation for the missing sections in
>> the PLT Guide (v3.99)
>
> What you see is what's written, I'm sorry to say. You might try v372
> docs for some things, but not for missing parts of the Guide.

Hmm. Any docs on reader extensibility or must I read the code? Also,
where is that stuff defined, I couldn't find it :s

Thanks