[plt-scheme] How to preserve line endings in DrScheme?

From: Yavuz Arkun (yarkun at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 23:04:20 EST 2008

Hello,
I don't know how to do this in DrScheme, but using subversion might be
an option:

Subversion automatically and transparently converts line endings
between platforms. So you can make a svn repo (in windows or unix),
add the file to the repo using the unix svn, check it out using
windows svn to a working directory and edit using DrScheme, and commit
the file to the repo when you are done. The line endings will be unix
style when you check it out on that side, and windows style when you
check out on the windows side.

If you don't have a unix pc handy, you can install and use Cygwin as a
substitute on the windows machine.

If all this is a bit too complicated for just getting the line endings
right, a programmer's editor like notepad++ always has single-click
commands for converting line endings, you can use one after you are
done working in DrScheme.

Hope this helps a bit,
--Yavuz