[plt-scheme] answers in list archive

From: Henk Boom (lunarc.lists at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 29 00:48:02 EST 2008

2008/12/28 Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org>:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Matthias Felleisen
> <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> It leaves us with the question of how to help teachers prevent cheating when
>> they assign plain book problems. -- Matthias
>
> I got the impression that teachers are likely to come up with their
> own problems than use problems from the book. That isn't the case?

As a third year undergraduate student, I can say that it's often not
the case. In fact, this is often the only thing I end up using the
textbook for. Very annoying when the textbook is expensive, since the
expensive ones are usually the ones padded most with fluff, and
therefore the least useful.

    Henk

Posted on the users mailing list.