[plt-scheme] local planet mirror/repository?

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 5 15:48:53 EST 2008

I can look into that at some poitn, but it would be nice to hear more
about the actual problem you're experiencing. Are you finding that
just downloading everything from Chicago is slow? (including, say, the
PLT Scheme mirror for downloading the basic installation)?

Thanks,
Robby

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 1:13 AM, YC <yinso.chen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Jacob Matthews <jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu>
> wrote:
>>
>> Most of the code in the planet server is dedicated to the second task.
>> If you only wanted to worry about the first task (as presumably is
>> what you'd want to do with a local mirror), you could use the code in
>> collects/planet/private/planet-shared.ss, probably starting with
>> lookup-package.
>
> Thanks for the pointer, Jacob.
>>
>> The other part of the task would be downloading the complete index of
>> planet packages regularly. That I can't help you with.
>>

> I noticed that planet server doesn't handle 304 (Etag, If-Non-Match,
> If-Modified-Since) caching.  While I imagine bandwidth isn't an issue for
> uchicago, it can help a proxy to identify whether to download the package
> again (and save bandwidth).  This would be a feature request ;)
>
> Thanks,
> yc

Posted on the users mailing list.