[plt-scheme] Re: Any tips for avoiding intermittent freezing when navigating file system directories with mounted network volumes in DrScheme?

From: Benjamin L.Russell (DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 20 01:22:10 EDT 2008

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:20:27 -0500, "Grant Rettke"
<grettke at acm.org> wrote:

>> Does anybody have any tips on avoiding this intermittent freezing when
>> navigating local file system directories on a system with mounted
>> network volumes?
>
>Just wondering, is this a general Windows issue or a DrScheme specific issue?
>
>My machine at work has horrible, terrible hanging issues whenever I
>use Explorer.

Since I can navigate those same directories in Windows Explorer and
other applications without any problems, but the intemittent freezing
always occurs in DrScheme, this issue appears to be DrScheme-specific.

-- Benjamin L. Russell

Posted on the users mailing list.