[plt-scheme] Replace & Find in v4.1

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 15 10:02:35 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Robert Matovinovic
<robert.matovinovic at web.de> wrote:
> What I also found right now is that if words are not wrapped in editor
> buffer and you are somewhere in a long line where you don't see the next
> selection ctrl+g doesn't bring you there only the cursor jumps, which is
> confusing because you see in the find dialog editor there are matches but
> you don't get there.

Are you saying that you hit "control-g", there are matches, but you do
not jump to the next match? That sounds like a bug.

> I checked out anchor search and find that I'm personally used to jump
> between selections which I have to work on mostly. So I don't see the
> advantage of the anchor without selection, but you might give me a hint.

I'm not quite getting this part. I think you might be suggesting a way
to improve the search -- perhaps you can elaborate a little?

> Feature request:
> What I like about the new find dialog is the count of matches. I had to use
> find extensively yesterday and noticed, what would be in addition very
> helpful, if you work on big files with a lot of matches, would be the number
> of the current match beneath it.

You mean how many matches before and how many after the insertion
point, as in "there are 5 matches after the insertion point"? Or do
you mean the count, as in "the current section is the 3rd match"
(which might not always be relevant, if nothing is selected).

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.