[plt-scheme] Re: how do you include documentation with a teachpack or planet collection?

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 14 22:53:58 EDT 2008

On Aug 14, 2008, at 1:32 PM, Noel Welsh wrote:

> I'm rushing out, so in brief, to create a PLaneT package:
>
>  - put your docs in a directory called scribblings (doesn't really
> matter, but this is the convention)
>  - see the Planet docs for details of what to put in your info.ss, or
> read, say, the SchemeUnit info.ss which you see on
> planet.plt-scheme.org
>  - use
>       planet create <directory-name>
>    to create a PLT

Thanks.  I've found and read some more documentation, and both it and
the above message are helping.  In particular, I've created a .plt
package, installed it, and the Help Desk can now find my
documentation.  Yay!

Is there a way to control WHERE the package gets unpacked?  Ideally,
I'd like it to show up in the "installed-teachpacks" directory,
rather than (or in addition to) the PLaneT cache directory, so my
students only have to type the "(require ...)" thing once, after
which they can just use "Add Teachpack".

I tried putting a few lines at the end of the module that check in
the "installed-teachpacks" directory for a file with the same name as
(this-expression-file-name), and if it's not there, copies the
current source file to that directory... but there MUST be a better
way than that!

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.