[plt-scheme] Replace & Find in v4.1

From: Ben Goetter (goetter at mazama.net)
Date: Thu Aug 14 16:36:29 EDT 2008

Thank you, your explanation does indeed help.  So Edit/Find defines a
sequence of matches in a pane, and then Edit/Find Again iterates through
that sequence, selecting the text of a particular match.  And
Edit/ReplaceXxx is only operative with a text selection (and a matching
selection, at that), not just a match sequence.  I see.  Sorry to be obtuse.

And this explains the problem!  The "Find" button in the search pane is
really performing Edit/Find Again.  However, when performing this task
via button click, there is no highlight drawn in the pane corresponding
to the selected match.  Thus also with the "Replace & Find" button.  It
is only operative with a text selection.  However, text selections made
via the "Find" button (as opposed to the Edit/Find Again menu item) are
not highlighted visibly; and the subsequent selection of the next match
by "Replace & Find" is not visibly highlighted, either.

I will file a bug about the lack of text highlights.  Thanks for your
clarifications.

Ben

Posted on the users mailing list.