[plt-scheme] Re: More pedagogic stuff

From: Benjamin L.Russell (DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 11 01:31:17 EDT 2008

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 02:00:33 -0700 (PDT), wooks
<wookiz at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hopefully I got the right link  this time.
>
>http://www.bcs.org/server.php?show=ConWebDoc.18854

Even in industry, not all programmers are in favor of
object-orientedness.

As a side topic, back in about 1992, I used to work temporarily
part-time during the summer as a translator for a project
leader/programmer at CadWare, in New Haven, CT, and this person told
me that he actually preferred straight C to C++ because he found that
the object-orientedness of C++ made programs much more difficult to
trace in debugging when porting from one platform to another.

While I was at college, we never covered object-oriented languages. We
covered Scheme for Introduction to Computer Science as well as Data
Structures & Programming Techniques, Haskell for functional
programming, and C for Introduction to Systems Programming, but never
any object-oriented language.

-- Benjamin L. Russell

Posted on the users mailing list.