[plt-scheme] installing self-made modules locally

From: Jens Axel Soegaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Mon Aug 4 11:36:41 EDT 2008

Atmam Ta wrote:
> I have been searching in vain for the following in the docs:
> how do I install my own modules in my collects directory?
> (install = compile to native and/or byte code and move it to the
> collects dir)
> thanks

The short answer: You are not supposed to.

Use the planet tool to make a "link" between your directory and
a planet specification.

In your case something like:

  planet link ta my-package 1 0 <directory-path>

In your code, you can now use

  (require (planet "file.scm" ("ta" "my-package.plt" 1 0)))

to use your module.

The full usage guide to the planet tool:

Usage: planet <subcommand> [option ...] <arg ...>
[note: you can name a subcommand by typing any unambiguous prefix of it.]

PLT Scheme PLaneT command-line tool. Provides commands to help you
manipulate
your local planet cache.

For help on a particular subcommand, type 'planet <subcommand> --help'
Available subcommands:
  create        create a PLaneT archive from a directory
  install       download and install a given package
  remove        remove the specified package from the local cache
  show          list the packages installed in the local cache
  clearlinks    clear the linkage table, allowing upgrades
  fileinject    install a local file to the planet cache
  link          create a development link
  unlink        remove development link associated with the given package
  fetch         download a package file without installing it
  url           get a URL for the given package
  open          unpack the contents of the given package
  structure     display the structure of a given .plt archive
  print         display a file within of the given .plt archive

And for planet link:

line, given 0 arguments

--
Jens Axel Søgaard