[plt-scheme] submitting new versions of interdependent PLaneT packages

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Apr 2 17:17:40 EDT 2008

Well, *predicting* the version numbers rather than *specifying* the
version numbers would be a weak point in the process, even if it doesn't
break any repository-side processes and tools.

So, rather than offending the very core of my own being, I'll probably
try submitting one-by-one whenever practical.

Noel Welsh wrote at 04/02/2008 02:27 PM:
> You can create "development links" using the planet command line tool,
> which basically means PLaneT associates a directory on your filesystem
> with a particular package, major, and minor version.  You can test
> your libraries in development using this.

Excellent.  If that feature works out well for me, I'll probably stop
bothering to produce non-PLaneT ".plt" packages for my libraries.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/