[plt-scheme] Re: Formatting Code

From: Majorinc, Kazimir (kazimir at chem.pmf.hr)
Date: Sun Sep 16 06:32:11 EDT 2007

Robby Findler wrote:
> Try just assembling the sexp and then using pretty-print. I won't say
> it is fast, but it is probably much faster.
>
> Robby
I'll find some way. But, this re-indent has solid advantages over
alternatives, except speed (even 5000 lines take minutes) - and after
that PLT. Probably current code for automatic indentation uses some
recursive procedure call with whole code that needs to be indented
passed as an argument (string or deep copied data structure), O(n^2)
time & space vs. O(n) for brute iteration over string and only thing
that need to be done is to eliminate that call. Of course, I'm aware
that PLT team has more important/interesting things to do.

Thank you,
Kazimir Majorinc

Posted on the users mailing list.