[plt-scheme] Typed Scheme and 3.99

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 18 09:18:12 EST 2007

On Nov 15, 2007 2:30 PM, Sam TH <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> Typed Scheme relies on a number of both implementation-specific and
> low-level details, which make it impossible to have a version that
> works on both 371 and 3.99.  So attempting to fix the problem you ran
> into is unlikely to work. ...

Thanks for letting me know.  I messed around with Typed Scheme in 371
for a little time.  My mine criticism is it's verbosity.  I'm quite
happy to write, for example, define-struct, and risk confusion than
write define-typed-struct everywhere.  Tuple types would also be
useful.  Anyway, it's nice work and I'm really excited about the
possibilities Typed Scheme brings!

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.