[plt-scheme] removing a package

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Mon May 28 00:24:01 EDT 2007

> another newbie question:
> I found in helpdesk this method for removing a previsouly installed pacage:
>
>>  (remove-pkg owner name major-version minor-version) -> void
>
> Removes the specified package from the local planet cache. Owner and
> name must be strings; major-version and minor-version must be natural
> numbers and major-version must be greater than zero.

Hi Ronny,

There's one extra thing you'll want to do.  The background context we need
to run that command isn't automatically "required".  Do the following
first:

     (require (lib "util.ss" "planet"))

which will load in the util.ss library from the "planet" collection.
This is indirectly hinted since the header of that section of the help
page names the util.ss file.

> However, the remove-pkg does not seem to be recognized as a command. I
> am sure someone has a very simple answer to this one, I just can't seem
> to find it... This is what I get: reference to undefined identifier:
> remove-pkg

Another way to do this is to use the command-line "planet" utility if you
have access to the command line.  If you search for the term "The planet
command-line tool" (which is on the same help page as the one you were
looking at, but around the middle of the page), you should see the
documentation on it.

Good luck to you!

Posted on the users mailing list.