[plt-scheme] brain upgrade desired

From: Anton van Straaten (anton at appsolutions.com)
Date: Thu May 24 17:57:02 EDT 2007

Robby Findler wrote:
> One thing to be careful of is that PLT Scheme is more than just
> "Scheme".
> For the links in particular that Anton cites, the second one doesn't
> say much and the first has a combination of untruths and things that
> don't actually apply to PLT Scheme.

Sorry, I should have made that clear, thanks for pointing it out.

I was actually hoping someone might point to better comparisons, since
I'm sure I've seen some but I couldn't find them in a brief search.

I tend to find little cheat-sheety things like the ones I linked to
useful when coming up to speed on a language, particularly when you have
some basic familiarity with it or its kind already.  But you do have to
take almost everything you read on the web about Scheme with large
vat-grown crystals of salt, since the deep dark secret of R5RS Scheme is
that it's really a kind of Rorschach test.

Anton

Posted on the users mailing list.