[plt-scheme] almost automated cps transforms for web apps

From: kanishka (nish2575 at yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 24 13:48:30 EDT 2007

--- Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your interest in this work.  These are good questions and
> what you're trying is a promising approach.

we'll see. my goals are not really to break any new ground, just to
build something i want to use on a web app i'm writing. i'm pretty sure
one of the papers had mentioning trying to serialized the continuation
to the client.

> > how would one go about automatically generating closures for K1 and
> K2
> > given an arbitrary interactive function? i can picture some
> combination
> > of lambda lifting and then naming or storing the closure in a hash
> > table.  the paper references being able to do this. is there a
> simple
> > method, or am i walking down the path of compilation techniques...
>
> I'm afraid there is no "simple method" other than what is described
> in
> that paper.

did i miss something in the paper/should i reread it? i thought it
outlined a high level approach for a person to perform the
transformation, but it didn't provide any macros or implementations for
programmatic transformation?

http://www.cs.brown.edu/~sk/Publications/Papers/Published/pcmkf-cont-from-gen-stack-insp/

> Perhaps you will find this slightly less heavy going?

thanks. interesting. i'll have to decide between which method i like
better.