[plt-scheme] File synchronization and saving plugin interest?

From: Ronny (plt-scheme at develo.biz)
Date: Thu May 10 20:40:19 EDT 2007

Grant, I think this is a great idea! I haven't even gotten properly
started learning Scheme (as I've had to do some paid work), but this
functionality is very dear to me.
When I still used Windows, I had this proprietary editor called
Ed4Windows, which was actually quite good. Two of my favorite features
were:
- save on window deactivation
- synchronize files on reactivation
Earlier, I had problems compiling a file (using an external compiler)
without remembering to save the changes first, then pulling my hair
because my changes didn't work. I don't think I've had any serious
issues with saving something I didn't want to save (besides, it created
a .bak file of the original when saving). Multiple undo though
file-savings would be useful, but probably not needed if backup files
from the last save are created.
Besides:
- you get used to it
- it's OPTIONAL, if you don't like it, don't turn it on

As for cats jumping on the keyboard, a quick fix would be not to let
animals in the office. That would also solve some odor problems that
sometimes follows allowing such access.

If you go ahead with developing such a feature, I would like to join in,
although I probably won't be of much use yet, except for planning,
consulting and testing...

Ronny.