[plt-scheme] web programming, continuation, CPS transform, etc.

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 3 16:04:30 EDT 2007

On 5/3/07, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Secondly, I found it fairly simple to contain coarse information about
> the continuation in the URLs generated by the server. These
> information can be used if the continuation id refers to a dead
> continuation. If that is the case, such information can reconstruct
> the continuation coarsely.

Thanks Jay, this is quite interesting (sounds almost like black magic).  Are
you using web cells to store the continuation marks that you can use to
recreate the continuation?  What type of information do you lose (since you
say the the continuation is coarse) in this case?  I meant to ask that are
there types of continuations that shouldn't be reconstructed this way so the
program functions correctly.

Thanks,
yinso